Saturday, January 19, 2008

new years resolutions.

My resolutions. Some clearly more important than others, but written mainly as they came to mind. Though I believe #10 is most important.
  1. Take more pictures and document my life. I never take pictures. I have such a hard time with determining when, where, or with who. I have decided to become that person who takes pictures just "because." This means more photobooth albums and random city shots.
  2. To visit more New York landmarks, including the Empire State Building, top of Rockefeller Center, see the Wall Street Bull, take the Staten Island ferry.
  3. To see classic movies and try to catch up on classic books. 
  4. To read more poetry and short stories, discovering new authors/movements.
  5. To write more poetry and short stories.
  6. To visit museums (at least once a month) when they have new exhibits, especially the Neue, Frick, Met, and the New Museum.
  7. To improve my health and quit smoking for good. Which means no social smoking, no smoking at home, taking yoga 3+ times per week or going to the gym at least twice.
  8. To learn to accept the things I cannot change.
  9. To cherish the memories of my past as much as possible, while still realizing that they are in the past for a reason but that that does not take away from how special or unique they are, and keep said memories locked away until it's ok for them to surface. 
  10. To accept the fact that love comes in many forms, and that it is okay if it is not the love you expected or desire, because whichever form it comes in, it still exists. True love never fades, it just alters its nature so that it can fit with your life. 

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I am a student at NYU, with a major in European Studies and a minor in French. New York is my home and my passion; I am useless without it.

Reader Discretion is Advised

This blog may be boring. It may be irrelevant to your life. The truth is, it may be irrelevant to mine as well. As I travel along this path of self-discovery, I note down my feelings, reactions, and general expressions. Amidst my complaints, cheers, and commentary, you may find a bit of poignant wisdom. I hope you enjoy it.

Labels