Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my dream estate.

they say i'm no good
and you're no better
but you are better,
because you are not me and you are not stuck here in this half eaten body filled with half constructed dreams
and a desire to know everything there is to know about the sun and the moon and the earth
i cannot escape from these fears of half-success and fears of being what i'm most ashamed of

in my dreams i see my house with its gated driveway and i see our four children to whom i've already given names, specifically chosen so that they would apply to both sexes.
and in my dreams i raise our four children and i wear your ring and you leave me time and time again but i always wear your ring.
and in my dreams i sip red wine and there is a maid who comes to clean my house and i die a little with each smile she gives me.
this is not the life i wanted this is not the life i wanted this is not the life i wanted.
but in my dreams this is the only life i can imagine.
because a life without you wouldn't look like this.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
I am a student at NYU, with a major in European Studies and a minor in French. New York is my home and my passion; I am useless without it.

Reader Discretion is Advised

This blog may be boring. It may be irrelevant to your life. The truth is, it may be irrelevant to mine as well. As I travel along this path of self-discovery, I note down my feelings, reactions, and general expressions. Amidst my complaints, cheers, and commentary, you may find a bit of poignant wisdom. I hope you enjoy it.

Labels